Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 6: Turn Back Time

I learned the whole Thai Oil Massage routine! Yay! Well, the moves and how to do it anyway. Haven't completely remembered it yet. Don't think I'll have anyone to practice on when I go to Bangkok either. Gotta wait until I see my test rat Tony when I go back to the states. Hehehe. x) Or maybe even my cousin first. We'll see.


Seriously though, it's hard work massaging someone! My lower back was hurting and shaking again, hahaha. My instructor said I'll get used to it. Most of the time I felt like I was being too light in the way that I press. But I'm scared of pushing too hard in case it's at the wrong spot or something. I guess I'll get better with practice.


Tomorrow we'll be going over the whole massage routine nonstop. First, the instructor will massage me. Then I'll massage the instructor so she can tell me if I'm doing it right. Feels kinda like a test. Hopefully I'm not too out of it after my massage. ;)


After getting back to the room, I finally started reading the book that I brought along with me because there was nothing to do and I didn't want to watch TV. It's actually pretty good. I always kept on reading even when I told myself to stop at a certain point. The book is called "The Society of S" by Susan Hubbard. I only stopped when I got too hungry and needed food, hahaha!


I feel like I've turned back into a little kid walking back from dinner today. I went to eat dinner with a cutesy backpack. Ordered "pad macaroni" (stir fried macaroni; really good! But mostly kids love this dish). Payed using my old Nightmare Before Christmas wallet when I was in grade school. Got excited when I saw a kid holding two bags of cotton candy. Bought two rolls of roti (one with sweetened condensed milk, the other with honey). Bought a bottle of Betagen (same as the Yakult drink). And walked back with the Betagen in one hand and a bag of roti in the other.


You can probably just imagine me skipping along with a big smile on my face. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment