Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 5: The Back and The Leg

Successfully went through the first day of Thai Oil Massage class! It was three hours, but dang!  I didn't expect it to be this tiring. Because you're basically bending over the person getting a massage the whole time, my friggin' lower back was hurting like crazy. It was literally shaking at some points while I was learning! Hahaha!


But, the good news is I'm a fast learner. So I actually already learned half of the massage. :) I've learned how to massage the back and the leg while a person is lying face down. Still can't remember the steps from beginning to end, so I'll have to go over it again and again.


Where I'm learning to give Thai oil massage.
The wonderful thing about this course is I actually get massaged after I learned the steps. It's not supposed to be for pleasure or as an add on, but it's so that I know what it feels like. The instructor was calling out the steps as she was massaging me. But I found it really hard to concentrate because I was dozing off. Hahaha!


I love oil massages! :D


I was starving when I got out from the lesson! Thankfully there's a food shop right next to the massage place to the left. So I ate there. I had fried rice with shrimp. And it was surprisingly really good.


It was incredibly hot today! And now at night it's pouring rain. It's a good thing I already went out to eat dinner. I was so out of energy today after the massage lesson, I don't know why. I fell asleep after I got back to the room. And when I woke up, I was EXTREMELY hungry. I couldn't get out of the room fast enough. Hahaha!


I finally had congee!! It was really really good!!! It's at the shop called "Joke Pratuu Chiang Mai" which translates into Chiang Mai's Gate Joke.


Good congee with a cold drink of palm seed drink :)

No comments:

Post a Comment