Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 11: Multi-Pitch Wonders

So you might ask what happened to days 9 and 10. Well, those were my break days and nothing much happened anyway. My mom came yesterday (the 12th) and we just went to go eat and look at ceramic arts for sale and wood carvings. Nothing too adventurous I would say, but the food was actually really good!


And today is my last day of climbing. :((( I've had a really good experience and time here. If I have to choose where I spend my days before going back to the states I would totally choose here. Absolutely nothing back in Bangkok. Sighh...


Then again, I'd choose to go straight to the states if that was a choice.


I just get so sick and tired of people trying to get me to do things that I don't want to do.


I guess it probably won't be as bad if they just tell me straight to my face. At least I'll be able to reciprocate the answer in the same straightforward manner. I hate it when people give bullshit reasons to try and make me do something. Especially when they try to make me feel guilty. Effing pisses me off!


Anyway, enough with my random ranting. Today was awesome!!! It's my Intro. to Multi-Pitch Climbing day. :) I can now climb multi-pitch routes! Of course, that is if I remember all the steps, hahaha!


It took the whole first half of the day for my instructor, P'Tor, to teach me the steps and me practicing on the simulating bolts. We had lunch after that and climbed an easy three pitch route. I think the route is called "Horse with No Head." Probably because you get up to the point where you're just beside and below the horse's head.


I felt really good today climbing, not out of energy and sluggish like last time. Hehehe. The first pitch was supposedly 5.8, the second a 5.6, and the third a 5.7. I lead the second pitch (obviously). Then we rappelled down. Which is pretty awesome considering how I was hanging at least 50 meters above ground level. :)))


The other people that came with me were doing the Vertical Caving course. They descended and ascended the cave in the area. They were practicing using their gears right where I was practicing my multi-pitch routine. It looks pretty tiring ascending, hahaha.


Makes me want to take the three day intensive caving course though!


He's ascending!
Strapped in...Jeez, doesn't that look complicated?
Well, it is.
Sweaty me with hair plastered on my forehead resting after climbing the second pitch.
Just pure awesomeness!
You think just sitting there resting would help with the pain, but you actually end up getting pain elsewhere like your lower back because you're resting your weight there. And when you adjust to a comfortable position your weight is on the leg loops, thus, cutting the circulation and eventually making them numb. Oh the dilemma in life, to keep going or to rest?


Seriously, doesn't that look like the horse is looking down at me angrily?
Probably because his left ear has been nibbled off ;p
Looking down before rappelling to the ground.
P'Tor rappelling down after me.
He's that little green thing at the top of the rope.
Oh and guess what? I bought a new pair of shoes!!! Rock climbing shoes, of course. The girl working at the store gave me a huge discount. I couldn't possibly refuse. ;)


Mad Rock Flash 2.0
I got them in the size 5.5 and I was wondering why I'm wearing such a small shoe size. Turns out they're men's size. Fits good though, so I'm not complaining. :3


Leaving Chiang Mai tomorrow morning! Oh, how I will miss it here. :')

No comments:

Post a Comment