Thursday, May 3, 2012

Waiting for the Storm

It's been sooo HOT!! Like 90-100 degrees kind of hot! Nothing much happened since my last post. I took a rest day from running, and I ran yesterday. The timing was a bit better, probably because it rained a little so the weather cooled down a bit. Last time I ran it was almost 16 minutes (around 15:51). Yesterday I pushed myself and stopped only once (to take pics). I got almost 14 minutes at 13:53.


I didn't even realize the flowers were blooming until a couple days ago.
:)

Beautiful running route, eh?
It's only the first part/half of my routine, the other is not as pleasing.

I run right through the golf course, which is right next to my house.
Don't let the pictures deceive you! It's freakishly hot and uncomfortable outside. I just can't stress that enough, hahaha. It's worse for me to run the other half of my route after the golf course portion. The road runs through the residential part of the community and so many cars pass me by. Breathing those carbon monoxide isn't that encouraging, I must say. It really does disturb my running rhythm. So I usually do that portion first so I'll have the golf course as my ending.


The path is so flat, but it's so hard to push myself forward. Maybe it's because I haven't been eating too well. It's getting better though. Still not too much appetite, but I've been able to force myself to eat more, especially because I've been exercising more than usual. Anyway, so after my run from yesterday I actually did some push-ups and sit-ups as well. I swear I have never sweated more in my life! Not even in my P.E. class since high school. I was literally slipping on the yoga mat. Lol!


I did 50 sit-ups, 40 girl push-ups, and 50 leg lifts. I know it's not much, but at least I'm working on making it more. My mom looked at me all surprised when I got back in the room. Sometimes I wish I have an exercising partner or just someone to shout at me. Hahaha! Shouting and moaning by myself doesn't really help much. Plus, people look at me all weird. ;)


I can't wait for next month already! I hate being stuck here with nothing much to do. The practice for the musical starts in four days, and that doesn't seem like it will take too much of my time either. All I've been doing is running, reading, writing, and watching Merlin (TV show, a good one too!). None of my friends are here and there are no outdoor activities I can do. I'm making the most of my day by doing SOMETHING. Jeez, I wonder how I ever lived this life before. It's so boring! And people are just so superficial here, it's ridiculous.


As for the matter of my heart, it's same old same old. If there's anything, I only see every guy as wussies compared to him. They're just sooo.....weak. Ugh, I haven't completely given up, I guess. My undying devotion is getting the better of me. Oh well.


So right now we're all just waiting for the first summer storm to hit. It will be a big one, too. I love, love, LOVE summer storms here. Because it's a REAL storm!! It thunders like crazy, windy as hell, and rains like it's the end of the world. It's beauuutiful. :)


By the way, I found a marathon training schedule online. I think I'm going to try to stick to it, not that I'm aiming for a marathon, but I just want to become a better runner. But dang! It starts the first day with 3 miles! And I'm only running one! I guess it's about pacing yourself and all. I'll probably try doing 2 miles on my next one and try to pace myself, so that's like two laps around my house. We'll see how I feel after the first lap, because I'm usually dying and sweating like crazy. Did I mention it's SUPER hot here?

No comments:

Post a Comment