Thursday, May 17, 2012

Planted :3

I definitely need to go out and run. Didn't run these past two days because I've been getting back at 1am every night from practice. Then I'm afraid I'll be too tired at practice if I run. But screw it. The musical starts this Friday. And I for sure won't be running on those days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). So I decided to run on the practice days. Hopefully I don't get up too late although I do need enough sleep as well. Oh, the dilemma in my life. :)


Anyway, most people don't know this but I love growing things as well. I just don't have the space in the States. I acquired some unknown seeds from my yard a couple days ago, and I decided to plant them today because I didn't go out during the day. Just something productive to do. Hehehe.


It's one of those fluffy, light, floating in the wind kind of seed.
I'm sure it's some kind of big tree.

The fluffy part is really soft and silky :3
And yes, I got four seeds.
The seeds were cracking a bit when I put them in the soil. Hopefully they'll still grow. Most seeds I get outside (aka naturally fell from trees) will sprout. So far the statistic's around 99% positive (I don't really know the real percentage, but I don't remember having to throw out any unsuccessful pot before).


The four seeds planted and waiting to grow with nurture from the sun and my love ;)
I also decided to plant something that's been in a pot on my small balcony for a while. I planted the same kind years back and it has grown big and beautiful.


The potted plant that I'm going to be planting in the yard.

The plant's predecessor that has grown big.

And here's the difference in size :) 
They're not really a flowering plant or fruit tree either. The person that sold the first one to me said it's supposed to help grow wealth in your house. Asian superstitions. I just like the way that it looks.


Planted!

Next to his big brother.
And here are other shenanigans around the house while I was out in the garden/yard...


Dragon fruit plant (the kind that has a purple inside)

Dragon fruit in the making!! Yummm :)
By the way, the dragon fruit plant has the most beautiful flower I've ever seen. Oddly enough, it only blooms in the early morning and withers by the end of dawn. I only got to see them when I was in high school because we always leave the house by 6am.

These flowers have really sweet nectar.
I used to love sucking the nectar when I was younger.
My hermit crab, Spongebob, also loves to eat these :3

These girls usually come around after I run.
The sweetest face ever!

The fatty :)
Oh! And I almost forgot. My mom got a prairie dog. She's the cutest thing when she calls out and kinda jumps up and stand on her hind legs. Hahaha! But I only have pictures of her sleeping in her soft blankets. :))) My mom gave me the privilege to name it, so I called her Wua Noi which literally means "little cow." She eats a lot of grass and has a round belly. So why not? I mean, it's a cute name, right? ;p


Cozy in her blanket!

Look at that precious face :3

"I like to sleep after I eat my grass!"
Ahhh!! First musical performance is tomorrow night! I hope everything goes smoothly. Gotta get there at 3pm to get ready for the show which starts at 7:30pm. It's gonna be a loooong day. But I'll make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment