Tuesday, May 8, 2012

First 3 Mile...

Soooo...my first three mile run/jog/walk. Quite torturous, I must say. Lol. Plus, I was running in the morning this time. I don't know if that has to do with anything. But I had to do it then because I had practice for the musical in the late afternoon. The overall time is 32:13. I stopped once towards the end during the first roundabout. Then, MANY times during the second roundabout. It was kind of ridiculous actually.


My tummy was cramping!! My legs and breathing were perfectly fine, just the friggin' stomach!


Ughh, the ordeals I had to go through running in the morning though. Horrible, horrible obstacles. Like I said before, running through the golf course is pleasant. Once I get into the back road, that's where things start to get ugly. First of all, I passed many houses and most of them smelled like rotten stuff (probably because they had their garbage right in front for pick up). Imagine running, and you're tired, and constantly smelling rotten garbage. And the smell sticks in your throat. Yeah. Not that great. I was gagging.


To make matters worse, a garbage truck went past me. And let me tell you, the garbage truck here is not as smell proof as the ones they have in the States. It smells, well, just like garbage. I could have sworn it smelled kind of like rotten pineapples. Guhh. Thinking about it makes me shudder. Oh, and there's more! After that, a truck passed me with a trail of darkness following it like the cape of some villain. Yes, it definitely needs a smog check. Thanks for making my breathing even harder, and possibly raising my chances of getting cancer! :)


I was sweating like crazy towards the end of the run. Literally, my whole body was all wet. I should have bought more sports bra too. Oh well. I attempted (note this word) to do pull ups after the run. What a failure :S


The homemade pull up bar I had made :)
Why is it a failure, you might ask. Because I didn't even manage one full pull up! I jumped in the beginning, which helped and I was able to go up. But after I lowered myself, I couldn't pull back up. My arms weren't even aching. I simply just couldn't pull up. It just wouldn't happen. I mean, I did half pull ups a couple times. I don't think that counts though. I guess I'll need to do some more push ups as a precursor before this. Heheheh. My scrawny little arms are not strong enough yet. ;p


And I got the musical's revised version of the schedule for practice. I don't think I'll be able to run on the days of the show. And I don't think I should be pushing too much the week before the show either because we're practically running through the whole thing every day. I'll need my energy for that. Not that I'm gonna stop running. Oh nooo. It's just I can't follow the marathon training schedule. :(


It's okay! I'll get stronger without a schedule! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment