Saturday, May 10, 2014

Lembeh Strait: Third Day's the Charm

Along comes the third day and its many pictures! I think I'm getting the hang of this underwater photography thing... Not really. But the pictures definitely came out better than yesterday. :)


It's some kind of tiny hairy crab.

An orangutan crab. Pretty small and hard to capture.

Pretty fire urchins...

And its inhabitants like this zebra urchin crab.

And a family of Coleman Shrimp.

Or two.

Nudibranch.

A tiny nudibranch.

And a super awesome nudibranch.
A small yellow frogfish.

And a blue ringed octopus!
And I got to see a baby cuttlefish hatching from its egg!
On the third dive there was a mimic octopus. However, my camera's battery ran out. So I missed out on the opportunity of filming it. But now I learned to charge everything after every dive. Oh, well.

But have you ever seen a crab carrying a jellyfish as disguise? I did get that on video. :)


Also, on the third dive, we were visited by a HUGE sea snake. Well, not really visited, but he just kinda swam by underneath us really quick. Scared the bejesus out of our dive guide, Risman. The snake must have been at least five feet long and its head the size of my palm. It was that big!

Dive Sites Today:
1)  Makawide 2
2)  Goby a Crab
3)  Madidir

No comments:

Post a Comment