Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bye Bye Maldives, Hello Limbo

I wouldn't say time passed any faster towards the end of my trip at the Maldives. I guess it was more like a peaceful existence there. There is definitely benefit from being away from people you know. Except if you're with the people you want to get away from.

I did have this sense of longing as I walked away from the water villa though. 

All in all, I went discover scuba diving for three days straight, got different spa treatments for three days straight, and went on a snorkeling trip on the last day. They were all good! Bought a disposable underwater camera and took it down with me on the last dive. Stupid me forgot to take it with me on my second dive. :/

I took the camera in to get it developed on Thursday (it's the disposable underwater 27 pics Kodak one). I wanted the pictures digitized too so I can put them online. :) They said it will be ready next week, which should be on Tuesday. So excited! Hopefully my finger didn't get into any of the shots.

I took one with Nemo and this really cool looking anemone. I will be so mad at myself if that one is messed up!

I was actually struggling a little bit to take pictures under water. For one, I couldn't stay still because you're literally drifting with the water. And because I was trying to stay still, I ended up holding my breath. The number one rule while diving is to not hold your breath. So I just breathed real slow. That's still bad. And it didn't stop me from drifting. Whatevs.

We'll see the result soon. :)

So I got to Thailand three days ago (Tuesday). The trip/flight back was horrible. We ended up having to sit around and wait a lot. Very tiring when I finally got here.

Thus, here I am in total Limbo. Waiting to get back home in two weeks. Well, 12 days now. Leaving on August 23rd. My mom's leaving for Switzerland for this health program today. She's gonna get back on the 19th. Ohh, what to do....

I ran yesterday. Did a lot better than when I last ran which was a week ago. I only did 1.5 miles though (one round around the neighborhood). Since I'll have a full free week (hopefully my brother and grandma won't be trying to pull me somewhere with them), I'm planning on starting the marathon training schedule like originally planned in May.

My only real problem is the rain. I hate running on treadmills. I always feel dizzy afterward. And it always seems to rain right around the time I go out for a run. Oh well. I'll find that window of opportunity. :)

Tony says I hike too slow. Like last time when we went to Mt. Baldy. I'll show him who hikes slow! I'll get stronger!

Yes, I have a plan. ;)

At least thinking about these things will get me through Limbo a little easier. When I get back to the States, I'm gonna sign up for the climbing gym membership. I kinda feel bad every time I sneak in with Tony. Hehehe. Plus, if I get a membership I can go by myself. Or more like take my girl friends with me.

I'm thinking I can go climb Monday morning or Tuesday night (if I don't have choir practice that day). Then again with Tony on Friday or Saturday. Twice a week. That's what the people at Chiang Mai told me to do anyway. You get stronger going at least twice a week.

Then on Thursdays I have my pole dancing class. Yessss!! I'm finally doing it! :D Super happy I finally get to start! I have Thursdays free from school, so I'm doing pole dancing from 10am to 12pm. After that, I'm going to try to do a hike. I'll try to do it with Ploy, my best friend's little sister living in Hollywood.

If I don't have anyone to go with then I'll just do it alone. I'm gonna try to hike at least once a week. So maybe a short one on Thursday, and one more on Saturday or Sunday. I'd love to go with Ploy though. I want her to get in shape and maybe we can grow stronger together. Her pace should be about the same as mine. I'm pretty slow, according to Tony. -_-

Well, we'll get faster dammit!!!

There you go. Climb, dance, and hike. Hopefully I won't have too much homework. :)

Here, I'm just going to run and do some fitness routine on the internet. One of my friends, Jessica, sent me a 20 minutes video. I'm gonna try to follow the Hal Higdon Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule.

Will have to go buy one of those iPod holder for running and maybe some dumbbells. For the time being I'll just use two full bottles of 500ml. bottled water. :)

Okay, time for my run!

No comments:

Post a Comment