Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Trip Out of Town: Khao Yai

How long has it been since I updated here? A while, I assume. Nothing much happened. I've just been going around town with my mom. Taking care of business (not really). I just went to renew my passport today because it will expire in 2 months. I have to go in and get it on Thursday. Thankfully, it didn't take too long like it would normally take.


Before this, I think it was last week, I went out of town to a city called Khao Yai. It is a very well-known city here in Thailand. It literally means "big mountain." The main attraction is the Khao Yai National Park. I have never actually been to the national park, but I definitely will when I have time. There are also outlets and interesting venues around town.


Usually I go to visit my grandpa because he is currently developing pieces of land there that he owns. He has his fruit farms and other "projects" he imagined up. Many, many things that I will not mention just yet. But, one of his project includes the Kaoyai Lumtakong Hotel where my mom is helping manage at the moment. Hence, the many trips I take to go there.


There was this little creek behind the hotel when it was first bought. With my grandpa's imagination and some landscape engineering, the creek was turned into a small, beautiful waterfall, giving the hotel a pretty attractive and relaxing environment.


From the patio :)

Another view

Whoosh whoosh!
As you can see, the water is pretty high right now. That is mainly because it is the rainy season here right now. I know, I know. There is no such thing as a "rainy" season, but we really do consider that here. It has been raining everyday ever since I got back. And I don't just mean regular rain, but more like thunderstorms and a heavy downpour.


So, there is an abundant of water here at the moment. A little too much, I think. It's so humid!


By the waterfall, there is also a water wheel, which I think adds a lot to the homey feel of the hotel. I heard my grandpa got it from one of the local farmers around the area. Hahaha. Because the water wheel is usually used to pick up water and irrigate the field.




Note: there is a blue, yellow, and green crane on the land behind the water wheel if you look carefully. My grandpa is still developing the piece of land behind the hotel. I think he plans on making a garden there.


Then there are the Koi fish in the pond by the reception:





Awww, they're so nice and plump!
A little crocodile by the pond
There are also orchids around the hotel, but they don't really have many flowers right now. I only managed to get one photo int he limited time that I was there, which was less than a day. Maybe even less than half a day.




Well, I've been watching Thai soap ever since I got here. And I gotta say. It's pretty darn good! :D I guess it's just one thing to do when I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment