Sunday, November 11, 2012

Zuma Canyon Loop

The Zuma Canyon Loop! We did this hike on the weekend when it was chilly, but SUPER UBER clear. Oh  man! The view was beautiful! Perfect timing, too. I wanted to do an ocean view kind of hike and the weather was just right.

We started on the Ocean View Trail going to the Canyon View Trail. We were going to stop there, but because it was very short Tony suggested we keep hiking around the area. So we went up the Scenic Trail onto the Zuma Canyon Trail. It was a pretty anticlimactic end to the  trail before we started heading back. Then we went on the Zuma Loop Trail back to the parking lot.

It was already in the afternoon when we started the hike so luckily there weren't a lot of people there. A couple joggers passed by and a couple hikers spotted in the distance.

Tony said this trail would actually be a good trail running spot, except for the fact that it's kind of far from where we live.


The ocean in the distance!
Happy campers!
Oh, and there was an incident along the trail. Let me tell through a series of photos and voice over narration as follows:

Because the trail was horse compatible, along came a horse and its rider....


"Horsey!!!" said I, pointing for Tony to see. 
It gets closer and closer....

Oh, it's getting extremely close, thought I.
Until suddenly....

A wet horsey kiss! (Which actually really looks like big lips)
The horse kisses me on my breast and nudges me back as if saying, "Sweety, you're in the way."


So I'm left with lovely horse saliva on my shirt for the rest of the hike.
The end.

It smelled kind of bad actually. I mean, it's really only just grass, but still. Wished I brought along some napkins or something. The whole time I just hoped that we didn't run into anyone else so they wouldn't think I puked on myself. Hah!

Other than that, it was a very pleasant hike. Maybe once I get stronger and have more time I'll consider going trail running there. It should only be around 3 miles for the Ocean and Canyon View Trail (a loop).

So yes, this was our last adventure before Thanksgiving. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment