Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Missing Maldivian Pictures

Here we are! I finally got all my pictures together, including my diving ones. :)

Enjoy the pictures, and some might have a little story to it...


Sea plane dock at Male

The somewhat good looking/casual looking captain of the sea plane :)
I'm so short... :'(

Our special air conditioner aboard the sea plane

Oh such a roomy cabin space :)

A beautiful view from the sea plane

The dock at the resort

The glorious walk in :)

A sign before the walk

I swear the bed was a California King... huge!

The patio looking out into the ocean :3

You can walk down and snorkel from your room! 
My mom did this with my brother. They went snorkeling behind our water villas. She said it was good. But they both ended up getting this nasty looking rash. Probably from some bugs in the water. I went scuba diving. :)

To wash the sand off our feet before going into the room

The Senior Water Villas (with a cleaning cart hehehe)

Sunbathing spot!

Mandatory picture at the beach :3

Sign post

A Feathertail Stingray; there were a few in shallow water around the villas

Happy me after my spa treatment :D

Rainy cloud I captured, pretty cool eh?

Outdoor bubble bath lighting :)

Mmmm...bubblez OooOoOoo

Shark Night (not)

Hahaha! Look what's for lunch!
This was taken on the last day of my stay at the resort. Let's just say the walk to the eating place from my water villa takes about 10 mins. Initially, I didn't have my camera with me. Upon seeing this sign, I made that extra 20 mins round trip in the 95 degree heat for this picture!


Ready to go scuba!!

My disposable underwater camera!
This thing is pretty cool looking. It says its capacity is 27 pictures. And so I saved my last shot for a sea turtle. And guess what? The 27th shot is cut like halfway through, rendering it useless! I'm soooo mad!!! A sea friggin' turtle!!!!

Plus, this camera sucks at capturing natural light underwater. It was very clear and bright when I there, but this camera failed to capture that beauty. Out of the 27 shots I took, only around half is good.

Definitely getting a real underwater camera when we can afford it. Or else just gonna commit it them to memory instead.

Some fishy in the rock.
The beam of light is from a torch my instructor, Jeon, was holding.
 
Pufferfish?

Batfish!

Two batfish! They came really close because apparently they're used to people.

A school of fish :)

My failed attempt at capturing the face of this fish that came comparatively close to me, lol

A predator fish out in the distance

My most prized picture of all time!
Nemooooo!!! <3
With a bit of my finger in the way :s


School of fishy above me

Colorful fishy!

Look! I found Gill!
I did the discover scuba diving for three days straight! It was amaaaazing! I bought the disposable underwater camera for the second day, which was boat diving. I was so busy trying to jump correctly that I forgot to bring the camera down with me. :( So I decided to go the third day and took all these pics. :D

*************************************************

8 more days and I'll be home!!! 4 weeks is just too long. I miss Tony. I miss Chewie. And I just miss California, period. I swear I'm not coming back for Christmas. Over my dead body! I'm serious about that, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment